About the Course
||The Digital Age
What questions about the course do you have that are not answered
by the web site?
What format will the exams be? (essays, short answer, multiple
choice or a mix?)
They will be short answer, mostly. You'll also be asked to solve small problems
similar to the type we've covered in class lectures, homeworks, and
- Is the final exam on Thursday, May 19th in the morning or the afternoon?
- Are all reading responses and homework assignments submitted via email?
No. After this I would like hard copies of all your assignments
unless specifically directed otherwise.
- Will this be useful in the technological aspect of Electronic Music?
We'll talk a little bit about how music is represented digitally.
- Will we be doing any programming?
- Yes, a little bit for a week or two.
- Is the Communications of the ACM a subscription we have to pay for?
Not for the readings in the class. However, an annual student
membership to ACM is relatively inexpensive ($19).
What would a "particularly clear or insightful response" look like?
Hallmarks of excellent writing to me include creative, original
ideas expressed in superb style. (For a notion of what that means, see the
book Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace by Joseph Williams.)